We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads.
Internet Presentation ShareWordPress Shortcode The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical objects—devices, vehicles, buildings and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity—that enables these objects to collect and exchange data. Oh, and if you know what this does, could you let me know after the presentation?.
Are you sure you want to YesNo Your message goes here Are you sure you want to Yes No Your message goes here 1.
Internet Gerard Sylvester Research Informatics, KMS, ICRISAT email address 2 20 Feb 2008 - The History of the Internet Presented by the St. Martin's Episcopal Technology Department..
Internet service providers
What is the Internet?
- A Network of Computer Networks
- Started as early as the 1960s
- Built to work even if a large part of the network fails
- Intranet is not the same as Internet
- Decentralized Client – Server model
- Supported by various gateways and high speed backbone connections. Internet Network Internet Internet Network T3 Backbone T3 Backbone T3 Backbone 5.
World Wide Web?
- A part of the Internet
- www1, www2 etc Welcome to Prezi, the presentation software that uses motion, zoom, and spatial relationships to bring your ideas to life and make you a great presenter..
Powerpoint presentation - internet society
Who owns the Internet?
- The I nternet C orporation for A ssigned N ames and N umbers ( ICANN ) oversees registrations.
- InterNIC—central service to reserve domain names (lots of issues arising with “cyberquatting…”
- Whois – domain name lookup
- 1960s - Department of Defense initiative ARPANET
- 1973 - ARPA launches the Internetting Project to explore the possibilities of linking networks
- 1980 – First Virus halts the Internet
- 1984 – DNS Introduced (Names rather than numbers)
- 1999 – Internet Banking
- 1975 - Robert Kahn & Vinton Cerf – TCP/IP
- 1991 : Hypertext browsing software is proposed by Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web.
- 1993 : Mosaic, the first navigation browser to make use of graphics and a point-and-click interface, is developed by Marc Andreessen 15 Sep 2008 - Internet Presentation. 1. Internet Gerard Sylvester Research Informatics, KMS, ICRISAT [email_address]; 2. Talk Flow!
- Introduction to the Internet
- Brief history
- Explaining basic protocols
- Naming on the net .
- 2004 - IPv6 protocol standard
- Major services:
- Email – Electronic Mail
- FTP – File Transfer Protocol
- Telnet – Remote session
- WAIS – Wide Area Information System
- WWW – World Wide Web
- http = the protocol
- www = the host computer or server name
- blast = third level domain
- ncbl = second level domain
- org = top level domain
- sequence = directory name
- virtual = file name
- htm = file type / extension
- Top Domains:
- edu – Educational Institutions
- com – Company / Commercial Organizations
- org – Non-profit Organizations
- net – Network, network of sites
- mil – Military Installations
- gov – Government sites
- Sub Domains:
- in - India
- jp - Japan
- uk – United Kingdom
How to read an URL
Getting a Domain Name?
The internet of things (iot)
20 (Intranet, Local IP)
- To find your IP number on Windows
- Execute ipconfig on your command prompt – XP
- winipcgf - 98
- Speed of data transfer through the network
- Access through:
- 28. 8 bps (bits per second) modem
- T1/T3 – High speed
The history of internet - presentation file - youtube
- The underlined word represents a hyperlink that lets the reader click and jump to a new page.
- Provides interactive browsing
- Frontpage, Dreamweaver or N-Vu
- Word processors
- MS - Word
Browsers and Specifications
- Browser software allows us to view, hear, retrieve information created for the web
- Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Lynx
- For design, you must check pages in both browsers, with different versions
Prezi: presentation software | online presentation tools
Bioinformatics on the Internet
- Bioinformatics Projects
- /hbp - Human Brain Project
- – Gene Ontology Consortium
- /tree - Tree of Life Project
- email address